Jody talks to Laura Hamm of Traverse Journeys about her small group guided tour of Ireland – and why this is the only group tour Jody is actually recommending.
Be sure to refer to the show notes for a special, exclusive offer for Ireland Family Vacations readers and listeners for the tour in May!
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON below to listen.
If you like what you hear, please give my podcast a 5-Star review at iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast host.
About Laura Hamm and Traverse Journeys (2:35)
Ireland was the first place Laura lived abroad. Her first trip was on a whim. She fell in love with everything about the country and, within a year, moved to Ireland.
Laura knew that she wanted Traverse Journeys to create group travel where the tour was well thought out and customized, offering trips to places that she and her partner are intimately familiar with. Traverse Journeys focuses on ‘off the beaten path’ itineraries with local and immersive experiences. Small groups – no more than 12 on the Ireland trip- keep the trip ‘customizable’ for individual travelers and create a feeling of a family trip, even among strangers.
About the Wild West of Ireland Tour from Traverse Journeys (8:10)
Dates: May 6-13 (8 day) or May 6-19 (14 day)
If the dates don’t work you can book this trip with a single Irish guide for dates that work for you.
Local community partners offer an insight into life and culture- and receive 5% of trip sales as a donation to their non-profit organization.
- All accommodations in clean, comfortable and locally-run B&Bs
- Daily breakfast and multiple group dinners (3 total dinners on 8-day trip, 5 total dinners on 14-day trip)
- Transportation from Dublin or Cork airport on arrival and to Dublin, Cork, or Shannon airport on departure
- Ground transport between each destination in comfortable, privately rented vehicles
- Guided walking tour of Cork City
- Visit to our local community partner to learn about sustainable agriculture in Ireland
- Entry to Blarney Castle, Kilarney National Park, Gleninchaquin Park, Ross Castle, and the Cliffs of Moher on 8-day trip
- Entry to Dunguaire Castle, and select Dublin sights on 14-day trip
- Roundtrip ferry crossing to Inis Mor on 14-day trip
- Guided walking tour of Galway City and Dublin City on 14-day trip
- Traverse representative 24/7 as well as a dedicated Irish-native guide
- Small group experience, max 12 people
Laura describes the tour as a ‘best of both worlds’ experience with both the popular sites as well as the small, rural, more ‘personal’ experiences.
Exclusive Discount for Ireland Family Vacations Readers & Listeners
This discount is available only on the May 6, 2018 tour departure. Use referral IFV when registering. Discounts available through March 15.
$200 off individual booking
$750 off family of 3
$1000 off family of 4
How to Book and Closing Remarks (29:02)
Visit Traverse Journeys website to book the small group guided tour of Ireland in May. Use the chat feature in the lower right to ask questions or click ‘Book Now’ to make your reservation. Don’t forget to use code IFV to receive your exclusive discount!
As always, questions about this podcast or Ireland travel in general? Email Jody at email@example.com or leave a comment below.