Bringing home fragile items like bottles of mead, Bulmer's or Irish Whiskey – not to mention a lovely Kerry Glass vase – has always been a bit nerve wracking for me. These items breaking could likely ruin a lovely gift or a souvenir for myself. Not to mention the mess. No one wants to see their suitcase come off the conveyor dripping with whiskey.
A couple years ago I bought a Vinni Bag – and now I don't travel without it.
I prefer the Vinni Bag over similar products for a couple reasons:
- The plastic is heavy. You can tell when you pick it up that this product is going to last a while
- It is specifically made for flying, high altitudes, and changes in air pressure.
- You control the amount of cushion.
- It can be used for more than wine bottles. I used it for a vase last year.
- When not in use, it rolls up and tucks in a pocket.
- If you're stuck in an airport you could inflate it and use it as a pillow. I may be speaking from experience…
While Vinni Bag is not the most inexpensive bag of this type on the market, this is the bag I personally use. I've never yet arrived home with a broken item.