The majority of visitors to Ireland pass through Dublin airport. And even if you don't spend your entire vacation in the city Dublin is well worth a couple days.
But Dublin can be an expensive city- how can you save money in Dublin but still experience all the fabulous sites the city has to offer?
First – don't rent a car during your time in Dublin. Dublin is a very walkable city with a wonderful public transportation system.
Second – consider purchasing a Dublin Pass.
The Dublin Pass has a number of ways to help you save money in Dublin- from free transportation from the airport to the Dublin City centre to free admission into some of Dublin's most popular sites as well as discounts across the city. But, beyond that, the Dublin Pass has benefits that are really helpful to the tourist who wants to see as much as possible.
5 Reasons to Consider the Dublin Pass
- Go to the head of the line. Especially nice during Dublin's busy tourist season, the Dublin Pass allows you to bypass the queue and enter attractions as soon as you arrive. Note: some attractions, due to guided tours, cannot facilitate this.
- Discounted transfer to the Dublin City centre. Relax and enjoy 24 hour luxury coach service from Dublin airport to the city centre on Aircoach.
- Special offers just for Dublin Pass holders. If you are without a car, this benefit is extremely handy as you can save on day trips, Dublin city walks and evening entertainment, among other things.
- It Comes with a Handy Guide Book. Buy the Dublin Pass and have it shipped to you before your trip. The guidebook is so helpful when you're planning your time in Dublin!
- Adult & Children's Passes in varying ‘denominations'. You can buy the Dublin Pass in 1, 2, 3 and 5 day ‘denominations' – perfect for a short or long stay. And a child's pass is good for kids ages 5- 15. Children under 5 go free.
Dublin Pass can be purchased online up to one year in advance of your visit. It activates upon first use.
You can also purchase the Dublin Pass at Dublin Discover Ireland Centre, Suffolk Street, and 14 Upper O'Connell Street at the Dublin Tourism Office.
[…] most of your time will be spent around Dublin you may want to look into a Dublin Pass as it includes many of the OPW sites and other Dublin attractions. […]
[…] plus ability to skip the queues and transportation from Dublin airport to the city centre! More about the Dublin Pass. Special savings for Traveling in Ireland listeners! use code FAMILYVACATIONS when ordering to save […]
[…] If you plan to pick up a Dublin Pass, you’ll find the Dublin Discover Ireland Centre at both […]
[…] Visiting Dublin? I recommend the Dublin Pass. […]
[…] what to do in Dublin? Take a look at all the Dublin Pass has to offer- including free transport from the airport into Dublin city centre and free admission to some of […]